Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
python01

How to load special registers (W, R) on AnSH CPU?

3 posts in this topic

I need to load values to special registers in existing program but not sure how to do it. These values are there now but some need to be changed and I don't see MOV command in the program which would load them so I guess it needs to be done in GX somehow just don't know where to start.

Device Batch Monitor or Entry Data Monitor have options to edit numbers in registers. If they are not coded in your PLC with MOV instructions, perhaps they were loaded by the programmer, or from an HMI? The name for the bit test/word edit in GX Developer is actually called 'Device Test'. This will let you write a value to a register. If you need to do a large number of them, look at the device memory table in GX Developer. You can upload the current values, make changes, and then select the device memory table to download to the PLC.

If they are W registers, then the values may be originating in other PLCs on a MelsecNet network. You would need to establish which PLC acts as the network master, check which W registers are assigned to each slave on the network, and check the program in each slave to see how the values are written into the W registers. If the PLC is not participating in a MelsecNet network, then the W registers just act as spare D registers.