Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
islman

Alpha2 (XL) PLC to a GOT1000 (GT1055-QSD) HMI

5 posts in this topic

Has any one out there had any experience of using an Alpha2 when connected to a Mistibishi HMI. I’m really finding it hard to do simple tasks. I’ve got an Alpha2 AAL2-MR-D with a AL4EY expansion module and AL2-GSM_CAB RS232 comunication module to link to the RS232 port on a GT1055-QSBD HMI. I can read inputs and outputs fine from the HMI addressing them directly and after setting the GSM serial settings to on the Alpha2 to Other and using the Dedicated Communication settings, managed to write/read timer values by mapping them to CW communication words. I can also read the Done bit from thease timers by mapping them to CB communication bits. The problem I’m having is when trying to set one input on a COMPARE function from the HMI. When I drop the Compare function into a program all you get in the Dedicated communication list is a Bit for the output. You don’t get the option to map one of the inputs to a CW word so can set this at runtime from the HMI. All I want to do is compare a analogue temperature to a user configurable temperature setpoint from the HMI and turn an output on. Should be pretty simple you would think. Also I can see no way to have a software button on the HMI to set a bit in the alpha to perform some function. Another fairly simple and essential function of a HMI. I'm I missing something. I’ve come up with a work around for the compare function. If drop a up down counter function into the program which I don’t attach any inputs to. I then feed the current count word output into the compare input. The strange thing is it does let me write to this current counter value by mapping this to a CW word which I can then address in the HMI. The only way I've found to set a bit from the HMI is to drop a link output into my alpha program and then address it directly from the HMI using A01. But there is only A01 to A04 to use so fairly limited. I think I'm going to have to use a word for each bit using the previous method. This can't be right. I've been on the phone to Misti support in the UK and they were not very helpful.

When tieing an input to the compare function you need to drag an output onto the page. I usally just pick a lamp. Tie the compare output to this output and you will be able to map it. The same goes for buttons. Drag an input onto the screen (usally use the switch) and then tie this input into what you want to control. The input and output bits can be mapped to the HMI but the outputs used in the functions cannot. I found this out in the GOT 1020 application I was completeing. Hope this helps. Craig

I’ve come up with a work around for the compare function. If drop a up down counter function into the program which I don’t attach any inputs to. I then feed the current count word output into the compare input. The strange thing is it does let me write to this current counter value by mapping this to a CW word which I can then address in the HMI. - I also use UP/DOWN counters to create set points and compare function for temperature alarms. The only way I've found to set a bit from the HMI is to drop a link output into my alpha program and then address it directly from the HMI using A01. But there is only A01 to A04 to use so fairly limited. I think I'm going to have to use a word for each bit using the previous method. This can't be right. I've been on the phone to Misti support in the UK and they were not very helpful.

I'd tried the SetReset function but it didn't work. Just tried it again and it works. I think this may be because once I set up the new comunication mapping in the alpha and downloaded it, I didn't cycle the power like it states in the documentation. Thanks Now I'm trying to do another simple function. I have a CB001 bit which I set from Alpha and I want to turn on the GOTs buzzer when ever this is set. What do I need to do?. I also want to trend an analogue value over seven days. I've only been able to manage 50 hours by setting the sample time at a max of 36000 X100ms (ie. 1 Hour) and setting the points on the trend to max 50. I'm using a GOT10 GT1055-QSBD. I've also found that it only trends while i'm on the page. If I go move to a different page it stops trending. Thanks. Edited by islman

GT10 only trends when the screen is open. GT15 supports data logging, which would allow the trend data to be stored to the CF card, and would allow a review of historical data.