Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geir

NT631C Display problem

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am in the process of replacing a CQM1 with a CJ1M PLC. The PLC is connected to a NT631C display, using NTlink 1:N. I have communication, I think, when I test it from the internal maintenance screen, I get several ***s and even more ***s in response from the PLC. First I used H100/105 as the status/notify address, but got "address setting error" on the PT at initialization. According to my manual, this should be OK, as long as I'm not using the HostLink protocol. I then tried to put the status/notify in the CIO and D areas, this time I got no fault, but just a black screen, the "Run" led is lit. I assume this is screen 0. In the PT setup the initial screen is set to "10". In the PLC program I MOV &10 to D100, I have also tried to change the content of this address from the watch window with no result. In the old CQM1 program there is no screen init, but then it worked OK :( Am I overlooking something obvious here, or more subtle? I must admit I haven't read through all the 453 pages of the NT631C manual or the 600+ pages of the NTST manual, but who has :)

Which cable are you using between CJ1 and NT631? regards, MPM Edited by MPM

Apart from the cable you should move #10 instead of &10. The NT631 expects the screen number in BCD, now it is trying to display screen 16 (hex 10 = 16)

Can't remember the number on it, but I think it is the cable that was delivered with the PT, anyway, I fixed the MOV, so now everything seems to be OK, thank you :)