Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vgr

SmartSlice configuration

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! Is there a way to configure remote I/O without CX Integrator? In other words, is it possible to configure SmartSlice terminals (analog current range settings, for example) using the HMI only? For example, to download the program to PLC we only need to put the flash card inside, and download it using the HMI (we don't need to connect the PC to do that). We would like to know (for servicing purposes) if we can have remote IO configuration stored on a flash memory card in a similar way to simplify deployment. Thanks a lot!

Hi, Yes depending on your network choice (?), you can configure with other software instead of CX-Integrater - like Omron's FREE CX-ConfiguratorFDT, or even third party FDT Containers by using the Slice IO DTM. However I think your question is more about easy backup/restore function rather than software choice. Yes, CX-ConfiguratorFDT has this easy function, but is 'techie' style for commissioning engineer - not 'One-click' for end user. The only way I can see is to program your own (on PLC or HMI) to send explicit messages. You could write one block to READ all the parameters and save, and another code block to write them back. Only problem is deciding WHICH parameters and I would think there would be hundreds to choose from!! Any better ideas from anyone else?? Regards, Bertie.

It is actually quite easy but needs some programming effort. If you install Cx-ServerLite you will get a toolkit to access Cx-Server. with that you can sent RAW-FINS. From there you must see what to put in the data of the FINS message. It depends on the network you are using. DeviceNet is different to Profibus. For DeviecNet you need to compose an explicit message (FINS2801) But Omron has been so kind to implement this also in PROFIBUS. Although PROFIBUS only does a-cyclic comms. You need to do some studying and maybe the informationis a littlebit scattered over different manuals but you can use the FB's available as an example. Quite a task but at the end it certainly pays off. Regards, René

Thanks, at the end we went for the quickest solution, we used the DIP switches on the slices to configure the I/O range for each slice. This will be added to electrical drawings, so all I/O should be configured during wiring phase. We are also using fixed DeviceNet allocations (CIO 3200 to 3799), which means we need no extra software setup for the slices. Thanks a lot everyone!