Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebu

GE Proficy with IC695CPU310 and Quick Panel

4 posts in this topic

Hi , I am new to Fanuc products. I am now working with Proficy Machine Edition 5.9 Ver, IC695CPU310 and Quick Panel. I have completed the programing and now I want to download the program and HMI to controller and Quick panel. I am planning to network the setup using Ethernet. Can I get help on how to assign IP addresses for Controller and Quick Panel. Once IP address has been assigned how can I communicate Controller with Quick Panel. Can I get help from anyone? Regards Sebu..

Congratulations on completion of the programming. Online Help within Proficy and the Supplemental CD that came with Proficy ME has instructions, examples and help on this, start by looking at the "Set Temporary IP Address" utility for the PLC. Please post back here if you have specific questions or do not understand a step or procedure. If you have not yet updated your software to Proficy ME version 6.0, I highly recommend that you do so. If this is not possible now, be sure to download and install the latest Service Pack and SIM for version 5.90, which is more than one year old. You will find these free updates on the GE Intelligent Platforms Support web site. As of this writing (01/25/10) the current Updates available for PME 5.90 are ServicePack 1 and SIM11, you will want both. Edited by RussB

On the Quickpanel the IP address is set on the unit itself, in the Windows CE operating system. For the PLC you set the IP address in the hardware configuration. The first time I download to a new PLC I use the serial connection. This is the Horner SNP adapter. The download settings are available in the window at the bottom left when you select the target. So for me, I select the target then look at window on bottom left. Set interface to COM1. Download hardware configuration. Then you should be able to ping the plc and then you can change to Ethernet for your target.

Yes. first use the "Set Temporary IP address" that you will find in the "Navigator" window under the "Options" tab.