Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carples

Q64DAN no value

5 posts in this topic

I have a Q64DAN module. It has work fine for 12 months but recently it started to play up. when I push a value into the auto refresh register the register stays at 0 on 2 channels. The third channel is working OK I got the 2 troublesome channels working the other day but they stopped again. What could cause this probelm

Are the output bits to enable those channels turned on? The analog card occupies 16 bits, check the allocation of the Y addresses for the analog module and ensure that the proper Y bits are on.

Hello Crossbow yes the enable bits for the first 3 channels are all driven by sm400 on the same rung of ladder. Y40,41 and 42 I believe. They were working before, with no changes to the code that controlls them channel 3 is working. I had an error light on the module the other day, so I reset the PLC to clear it and it is still of but not working. could a out of range value cause it I have a compare statement in the code to limit value to 0 > value < 4090 which I understood to be the value limits as mentioned above the system was working before.

Have you tried puting that input on another channel? Or swapping out with another Q64DAN card if you have a spare or can borrow out of another machine to confirm working card or possible bus issue on backplane board. I had a channel just go bad one day on a Q64DA. We got an error, reset plc, error went away but channel never got any response, changed load cells, still no response. We had a spare channel on the card and originial load cell worked. Swapped out card with new card and all channels worked. Had same problems with a QD75P1 positioning module a few weeks ago. The CPU was not seeing any input from the card.

I found the problem on this one. Had nothing to do with value, flag was not being triggered due to change of equipment. But when monitoring this PLC I find many registers do not display actual value. So my Analogue register showed as 0 but the actual module when monitored using Intelegent function untility there was a value. Lead me up the garden path.