Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pszczepan

NS12 and PLC connection

3 posts in this topic

Hi ! NS was connected to CJ2H using Ethernet as a HOST3. Now I want to change connection to NT-link - sometimes Ethernet stop working and I want to connect locally PLC and NS via NT link - it is close - 4m. I set RS232 in PLC to NT:link IN CX designer - I made new HOST2 for a Serial port A (1:1 NT link connection). How I can change automatic all data from HOST3 (ETHERNET) to HOST2 (NT link). Manual changing will be terrible - so many addresses I would like to leave Ethernet connection just for NS Web interface service. Will it work? Thanks Edited by pszczepan

pszczepan This is very simple. In CX Designer, simply setup the SerialA setup in CX Designer, then go to the Find menu, and select Change Host. Search Host = Host3 Replace Host = SerialA (or Host2 if you are naming it that). Click Replace. You can leave the Ethernet service enabled for upload / download and Web Server functions without using it to connect to a PLC.

In this case definitely the best way to go. Another method would be to copy everything to a new project. Upon pasting it gives the option to change hosts. A very useful feature when working on an CX-Designer project with multiple hosts that serve identical machines/installations with each their own host. Once one is finished, I just copy all page objects, paste into an empty project, cut again and paste back on the new page. Then I can change to another host.