Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indepthmarine

cannot perform trace operation using PMSU configuration

3 posts in this topic

I am using a Honeywell 4800i barcode scanner into port 2 (RS232) of SCU41-V1 unit 3 on CJ1M CPU13 I believe my settings are correct. I am using no protocol, with the RXDU command My problem I believe lies in the fact that they are using Aztec code (or I would have bought an Omron barcode reader) but they are using a CR and LF in between lines of information. The first line of data is coming through, but not the second or third lines. I can view the first line in the memory monitor window in the D area I send to during the RXDU command. I have set the barcode scanner to add suffix of "tab" or Hex 9 I have set port settings to "end code inclusion" and end code "9" When I try to run a trace using CX Protocol on port 2 I get the error message "cannot perform trace operation using PMSU configuration" Is there a way past this, using no protocol method? Thanks for any tips.

It turns out that the text translation supplied by the customer did not match bar code samples. The bar code interface to the PLC was working properly and sending the entire string. The PLC was reading the entire string. Feel free to delete this along with the above post...it is of no use

Hey man, that's what we're here for...