Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ConTexas

S7-312 backup

5 posts in this topic

Dear All, I need to perform a backup of CPU 312 6E67-312-1AE13-0AB0 V2.6.4. My Step7 is V5.4 (about the mentioned CPU I have only V2.6, not V2.6.4). So, as usually, I create a new project, then I try to transfer the program from PLC to PC. Obviously, the connection is working, I see the CPU, but after few seconds of connection I receive the message "D241 function not allowed in the actual protection level" (Message is in Italian). The help to message, 33:53825, refers to password protection (but I know that there isn't password) or key switch not in STOP, but it is in STOP. Other remarks: - actually the CPU is in fault state, not in run. - I am sure that the direction of transfer is PLC->PC - I see as loaded in EPROM all the program blocks, but trying to open OB1 online, I receive a message like "not possible to open". But the strange is that I only wish to read PLC, not write! Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks.

Maybe the MMC is corrupted. Investigate the diagnostics buffer. Apart from that, it does sound as the program as been password protected. I think the firmware version does not have to match exactly, but why not download the latest firmware from Siemens ?

Thanks for your answer. The CPU was working with the actual firmware, then it has stopped, so before to change the unit, I had to recover the program and the configuration inside the faulted CPU. But there was not way to perform the operation, due the reported error. I think that the CPU is damaged, I will try to investigate more. Regards.

Move the MMC card to the other CPU. If you need the program for backup, you can then try to upload from the other CPU.

Thanks JesperMP, but an other my target was to understand if, based on the described symptoms, I can say to my customer that the CPU is damaged. Now I cannot try nothing more, because the CPU was delivered to service. When the unit will be returned, I will communicate you what happened. Thanks again for your suggestions.