Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhilipD

My First Program

8 posts in this topic

The following is a program for a Micrologix 1000 to control a machine used in the production of corrugated boxes. It is a very simple machine and therefor the program is equally simple. However, as simple as it is I still seek any comments and suggestions you might have.

Very,very good. You have done one of the MOST important things "Documentation, Documentation". Excellent job!!

Thanks for the comments Micky and Doug. You help is appreciated.

As everybody say, good job! Comment are important in all program small or big. Your program do the job, but I can suggest you a small safety feature I usually add on start button; put a one shot on your start PB it will prevent accidental start if start PB is stuck. I wrote a example just cut and paste in RSLogix XIC I:0/1 OSR B3:0/0 B3:0/1 XIC I:0/0 BST XIC B3:0/1 NXB XIC O:0/0 BND OTE O:0/0

slcman, Thanks for the suggestion and the code. I don't understand how it works or what it does but thank you anyway.

OSR instruction mean rung will be on only for one scan, so bit B3:0/1 will be on for one scan only (off to on transistion of I:0/1) when start PB will be pressed. If start button is stuck (alway ON), stop command (I:0/0) will stop the motor and plc will need a new off to on transition of start PB for start the motor again. In the original program , if start PB is stuck, stop command will stop the motor but the motor will restart when you'll release stop PB. **the code I posted doesn't work in M1000, I attach screen capture for M1000. have fun

slcman, Thank you so much! Your example of the OSR instruction and how to incorporate it in the start circuit is great. I have put it in my program and feel it is a great safety item. In fact, a few weeks ago I ran into a similar problem with a machine. As soon as the machine was closed it would go into JOG mode. Push the STOP button and it would stop but then restart as soon as the button was released. Tracked it down to a JOG button with a stuck contactor. Again, thank you.

Yes. Very good job. Documentation is always very important. I agree with the OSR for the start button. I ALWAYS use it, as I come from the auto world and everything is redundant and safety safety safety! Other than that, great job.