Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Logix76

micro 1500 panveiw 300 micro and AIC+

6 posts in this topic

I am trying to get a micrologix 1500 to comunicate with a panewiew 300 micro using two AIC+'s. In linx i can only see one either the plc or the panelview depneding on which aic i plug my computer into. it only sees the one im pluged into and not the other. the two aic's are linked through the DH485 the plc in connected RS232 in one aic and the panelwiew is conected RS232 mini din on the other aic. any ideas what im doing wrong.

I assume you've been thru this manual http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...um014_-en-p.pdf and have identified all ports by type and usage. If you post the catalog numbers of your PV300 and Micro 1500 you might get better answers also.

No I havet looked at that yet but ill check it out now here are the catatog numbers if anyone can help Panelview 300 micro cat# 2711-M3A18L1 Micorlogix 1500 processor unit cat # 1764-LSP

If you want to see all three devices ML1500, Micro PV300 and your computer you will have to have a DH485 network. Your PV only supports DF1 protocol. DF1 is point to point. How far apart are the ML1500 and the PV? Why are you using the two AIC+s?

so I need the 2711-M3A19L1 with DH485 comunications? I have everything sitiing on a bench in front of me but i will be using 15 ft cables between the panelview and AIC+. I am using 2 AICs so i have a port to plug in my computer to download the aplications to the panelview.

That would work or get a DF1 port splitter ( 1747-DPS1) see PDF below 1747_DPS1PortSplitter.pdf