Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indepthmarine

cpu 315-2dp

3 posts in this topic

I am trying to add 4 analog inputs to a cramped system. power supply CPU315-2DP DI 16 DI 16 AI 8x 12bit AI 8x 12 bit CP 340rs232C CP 340rs232C CP 340rs232C CP 341rs232C The HW config screen in S7 shows slot 3 as empty. I can only drag modules into slot 4 through 11, which are all full. I hope to be able to add another AI8x 12 bit module, but dont think I can. Alternatively, I must change some RTD inputs into 2 wire 4-20mA inputs and use the spare inputs for my pressure transducers. The second AI 8pt unit has 4 RTDs right now. I want 4 RTDs and 4 pressure transducers. I have M-systems signal conditioner to change the 4 wire RTD into a 4-20mA, so I think it is possible, but am not used to S7 at all...mainly use Omron CX-One Is it possible to add another SM331 Analog input module to such a system? Thanks

Slot 3 only can be use with IM360 card. Why not u change that 16 DI to 32 DI card and can save one slot. If not then need to extent another rack by using IM360.

Thanks DSC. Would do...but am offshore Spain, no access to new modules. Trying to familiarize with S7 and change 4 RTD inputs into 4 RTD + 4 analaog 4-20mA Think I have it figured...just have to be careful in the logic not to destroy what already works. will be back with more questions undoubtedly. Firstly: on SM331 AI 8X 12bit, there are the inserts. Currently they were all set to A for RTD. I am moving 2 of them to D for 2 wire analog current. Is there also a software setting I need to adjust to accomodate this change, or is it simply the jumper block?