Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EasyButton

CX-Integrator to DeviceNet Network

10 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a desktop with CX-One V3.05 connected Toolbus to a "gateway" CS1 PLC. The "gateway" is on Controller Link network 1. There are many CS1 PLC's on Network 1, some of which have DeviceNet Network 10. However each Network 10 is separate from one another. I have tried in the past to connect to Network 10 at lets say "PLC 1" using CX-Integrator. I will get a routing error. I have an old copy of Omron's DeviceNet Config. and I can access Network 10 just fine with it. A while ago, I tried to set Toolbus as network in the routing table thinking that it might be the problem, but no luck. Could the problem be that I have several Network 10's? Any ideas? Edited by EasyButton

I have been successfull with CompoNet. I have a computer running FINS Gateway 2003, Ethernet to the gateway PLC, Controller Link to 5 other PLCs. The problem you probably have is that routing tables are not set up properly. Have a look at your routing tables - if they are not right it will never work. With my setup I had to set up riouting tables in FINS Gateway, the gateway PLC and all other PLCs.

Thanks Bob. I will have another look at this. I was looking in the direction of the Toolbus because I can access DeviceNet from a different PC on Ethernet. Maybe I am missing something else? If I find something odd I will post my result. Thanks anyway.

I suspect that I have to set Remote Network in the "Gateway" PLC, remote network: 10(devicenet), relay network: 1(controller link), relay node: 16(controller link node on PLC1). Would this be correct?

This sounds correct according to your story. Post a screenshot of your routing table setup and the connection settings in CX-Programmer.

Thanks for the help! GatewayPLC.bmp PLC1.bmp

Could you make a simple network diagram like in this topic, which specifies the different network numbers and the unit numbers on the network. The topic is quite old and has a different approach, but have a look in the second post under "Routing table station 2" where I explain how you should "read" the routing table. Besides the gateway PLC, it is even so important to correctly setup the routing in the relay PLC where you want to drill down to the devicenet network. If you don't specify correctly from which path the Devicenet master unit number should be available it will not work.

How do you post image? Get error (Sorry, dynamic pages in the tags are not allowed)

Have a look at the allowed file types. Try copying into Paint and save as a bitmap.

Had to switch post to "Rich Text" to add image!(failed attempt here) Insert Image worked once, but never again! The original question I had is solved. I cannot have multible Network 10s as Routing table will give duplication error. I have posted BMP file and sorry for my frustration with "insert image". Routing.bmp Edited by EasyButton