Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sebu

AB Micrologix 1200 with Wonderware

4 posts in this topic

Hi. I am working for a project where 3 sets of Micrologix 1200 communicating with PV 550. Now I need to connect 3 Microlgix 1200 PLC to Wonderware Intouch (Centralised SCADA) using 1761 Net-Eni. In such case should I do any changes in port configuration in Micrologix 1200. The idea is that should I need to purchase RsLogix 500 for port modification and download with new configuration.

Going to need ML1200, PV 550 model numbers to give a definite answer. Don't know the ML1200 that well and there are a ton of possible scenarios. Some Questions I would have follow: Does the ML 1200 have one or two serial ports? Is the PV 550 staying or being repalced by the WW HMI?

The ML 1200 has only one serial port. PV 550 will not be there in the scenerio. We will go for centralised SCADA and PV will be removed.

Since you'll be removing the PV550 the ENI will occupy its place on the ML Serial port. We'll still need the PV550 full model number to tell if any changes need to be made to the ML serial port. You could be using DF-1 or DH-485 in a point to point connection. DF-1 will mean no changes needed, DH-485 will mean a change is required, I think since the net -eni uses DF-1. SOmeone more RA Tech savy may correct me on that.