Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthucuc

communication between GOT and PC

7 posts in this topic

Hi all! Now, I am studying the way that help me to communicate between PC and GOT monitor by module Ethernet. But I have not had some questions yet: - How do PC know where it sends the data to? (in here, IP Address of GOT monitor. For example: IP address of GOT monitor is 192.25.0.40) - Address that PC will send data to? --> I want to question: Frame data that PC sends to GOT and what's frame responds of GOT to PC? who know about it, please say to me that help to understand about these problem. thanks and best regards!

GOT to PC connection is for programming. Are you meaning GOT to PLC?

No, no Now, I am studying the method read or write the data from PC to GOT1000 by module ethernet (GT15 - J71E71). Who understand and did it, please help me! Thanks and Best regards! Edited by nguyenthucuc

The GOT is not equipped to handle data communication to the PC. The Ethernet connection can be used to upload and download program data, as well as connection to the PLC. Are you trying to write a program to read or write data to the GOT? Not sure that can be done.

Yes. My system includes: Barcode - PC - GOT - PLC. I want to scan a string by barcode, then send it to GOT. I write this program using Visual Basic or VB.net.

Why not connect the bar code reader directly to the GOT? It has bar code reader support.

Yes, we can do it. But, barcode in server and GOT in other room, therefor I want to communicate from PC to GOT