Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scantimer

C200HS cam positioner card

8 posts in this topic

I would like to do a motion control project using what I have, are there any examples of applications showing how to apply these outputs with inputs in using the cam positioner card.? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please provide the part number of the module you are using. The more information we have, the more accurate the response will be. Thanks

The Card is a CP114. I pulled up the pdf manual on it and am reviewing it right now. I was mainly considering using it for an assembly tool based on a rotating platform. Would this be a good place to start with it?

This should be a great application for the cam positioner. This module does require a resolver to work properly. Hopefully you have that as well. Good Luck on your project.

I have an incremental encoder. I have never set one up but am going through the introduction material about them. It does look difficult, it is a quadtrature encoder. Could that be used with the Cam pos. card or would I need something else?

The Cam Positioner card uses resolver technology. It is not pulse driven, rather it uses the difference in phase angle between two rotating fields. You need a High Speed Counter Card for an incremental encoder like C200H-CT001 or CT021.

Darn!! Jay beat me again! You can reference manual #W224 for more information on the C200H-CP114 module.

Thanks guys. I am still wanting to use it in some sort of project. What type of resolver can I pick up for cheaps that will work? Any Ideas?