Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ballvietnam

Citect redundancy tutorial

5 posts in this topic

Hi Every body. I have used Citect for three months and i connected LAN successfully .Now i want to built redundancy system with vijeo citect but i don't know how to do that.I read help file many time but it is not clear. I created two I/O server (I/O server 1 and I/O sever 2) in different machine but i don't know how to setup which I/O server is primary server and other's is standby server. two machines connect together by LAN with IP address :172.24.28.112 and 172.24.28.113.After configuring how i have to write cicode file to redundancy system can run perfectly. who can help me solve this problem. in my project i have one PLC of Siemen(CPU 224 with one com comport) and two machines connected through LAN. best regard

Which version are you using. But the setup for primary and standby is very easy make sure that the IO Device numbers are the same. Then depending on the verions you are using either setup the primary and secundary in the comuter setup (V6) or you have a give each I/O Device a priority numer (v7) You might have to press F2 to get more settings. p.s. Why did you switch from Citect to vijeo if you're using siemens ?? Edited by Gambit

thanks for your regard i am using vijeo citect version 7.0.I know that: there are three kind of redundancy: IO server redundancy,IOdevice redundancy and Dual Lan redundancy.Because i have only one PLC, one Lan network, two PCs so I want to build IOserver redundancy system.two PCs connect to one PLC S7200(CPU224) and connect together through LAN. I created two IOsevers on two PCs. on PC1 :network address:172.24.28.112 IOsever1. IOdevice: PLC(S7200) protocol :OPC number :1 port name :PORT1_BOARD1 RAM protocol :GENERIC number :2 port name:DISKDRV on PC2 :network address:172.24.28.113 IOsever2 IOdevice: PLC(S7200) protocol : OPC number :1 port name :PORT1_BOARD1 RAM protocol :GENERIC number :2 port name:DISKDRV what i have to do next to build redundancy system.How do we know which IOServer is primary IOServer,which is standby IOServer.That may be defined in Cicode? When I have to press F2? Could you tell me more details.If you have done the Citect Redundancy system,Would you write one tutorial for us? My English is not good but i hope you understand what i says Thank a lot

First Run the I/O wizard twice for connecting to your PLC(once for each I/O server). Don't forget to create a cluster and define your network adresses. (run the computer setup) Check if both pc's can commnuicate with the PLC Then go back to your I/O devices and make sure they both have the same number. press F2 to get more settings. Make oe start-up mode primary and the other standby You're done!!

thank Ganbit. I am trying to solve this problem. It's lucky when Schneider Electric will support our department some products Which includes Vijeo Citect SCADA software( liciense) and there are many things to do in front of.