Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Alan B

PC protocol for Fx2n rs232 comms

11 posts in this topic

I need to read contents of registers and condition of markers from PLC using RS232 comms. I knows the comms port is working, can anyone help with some VB6 code and an explanation of how it works? Thanks

You realize without a programming cable with converter or a FX2N-232BD you're looking at a PLC with an RS422 comm port right? There are several people on the internet (and Ebay) offering ActiveX controls to do the comm cheaply. If you find a good or free one, let me know. I've got to start trying to do that shortly too.

Hey, Chris, you got the protocol?

Should be able to download the protocol information from www.meau.com, as the MC protocol is open. I probably have the document on my computer at work. If I find it, I will upload it.

could you please send me at sorrrrrin@yahoo.com this protoco (for fx2n), or a link..? I need it very urgent :( thanks very much.

It's in the downloads section here under Mitsuibshi manuals. Look for the MC Protocol guide. Or go to www.meau.com and search it out.

could you please take that manual for me!? ..because i can't, it makes a very quik redirect to another page, where i couldn't find it . thanks (protocol fx2n for serial comunication)

thanks a lot, i found it, i missundestood at first, but now i found it, thanks again

i have downloaded "Q corresponding MELSEC Communication Protocol"... does it work for PLC FX1N too? i'm newbie. i wondering!

I believe the Q protocol is similar but has some more options as the Q has more memory and memory areas. i would recommend you get the MELSEC MC Protocol reference manual from the MRPLC.Com downloads section to be sure you're talking correctly.