Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toyota-Boshoku Tech

MitsuBishi A2SH Data Register Bit Manipulation

5 posts in this topic

I desire to Program a Mitsubishi PLC like this..... I know that D0 Registers are normally used for 'DATA'.... but, it will be easier for me to manage 1 'D' register than 7 sequential 'M' bits.... I am using a A2SH PLC. I would love to RTFM....if I could find one. I have already scanned until my neck hurts thru MEAU.COM and have downloaded umteen hundreds of PDF's..... but, what I would really like to find is the Instruction Set manuals for these things. Oh...and the purpose of all of this is to make a Ladder that resembles the following..... ..........If Possible??? X00 ---] [---------------------------------------(D000.0)--- M0 ---] [---------------------------------------(D000.1)--- M340 ---] [---------------------------------------(D000.2)--- Y8F ---] [---------------------------------------(D000.3)--- Fairly Easy to do in a AB... you just designate the bit you want. i.e. ---] [--------(N7:0/0)--- ---] [--------(N7:0/1)--- ---] [--------(N7:0/2)--- Just trying to figure out how in the world that is done in a Mit. Any Answers? (and this will be GREAT to hear.......) Thanks.

In a 'A' Series book.... The only instruction I have found that might do what I desire is......... BSET and BRST so, for each rung that I wanted to use.... (i.e. BIT) X0 --][----------(D000.0)-- (Button Pressed) M30 --][----------(D000.1)-- (Interlock OK) Y10 --][----------(D000.2)-- (In Position) I would need to do this....... X0 --][----------[bSET D0 K1]-- M30 --][----------[bSET D0 K2]-- Y10 --][----------[bSET D0 K3]-- AND........ X0 --]/[----------[bRST D0 K1]-- M30 --]/[----------[bRST D0 K2]-- Y10 --]/[----------[bRST D0 K3]-- But, according to what I am reading...this should give me the result I desire. (Just will take 2 rungs for each 'bit'....) ?Better suggestions?...... Steve

alternative is to use buffer (temporary bits): X00 ---] [---------------------------------------(M400)--- M0 ---] [---------------------------------------(M401)--- M340 ---] [---------------------------------------(M402)--- Y8F ---] [---------------------------------------(M403)--- M9036 ---] [--------------------------------------[MOV k1M400 D0]--- btw, i just went to www.meau.com, clicked DOWNLOADS clicked MANUALS in the "Product Part Number" entered A2SH and got this: http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sites/publ...;submit1=Search ....OR, for more general search use: Division - Industrial Automation Family - PLC Series - AnS(H) http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/sites/publ...amp;ManualType=

You cannot do D0.0 (bits in word) in A Series. The newer PLCs (FX3 series and Q Series) all support this. Typically what is done is move the word to M bits. For example MOV D0 K4M0 would move the 16 bits of D0 int 16 M bits starting at M0 (the K4 sets number of nibbles @ 4 bits per nibble). The reverse applies as well, you can move bits into a word.

i myself have never used BSET and BRST. using M bits allows using comments.