Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcdp

conversion setting data table

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to scale data from a linear transducer with a FX-3U. I am having trouble figuring out how to set the data table for conversion. It would be great if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks very much, plcdp

Based on your description, I have no idea how to assist. Most linear transducers give an analog voltage or current, which can be read by an analog input point on an optional analog input module. Data from analog inputs (on the right side bus of the PLC) is stored into buffer memory inside that module. You have to read the data from the module into the PLC. Once you read it from the module (FROM instruction or U\G addressing) you can do whatever you like with it inside the PLC program. Exactly what are you trying to do? You mentioned tables, but not how you are trying to use that data, or how much data, etc.

OK, Mabye I am going about it the wrong way entirely. I already have the data coming in to the PLC from the FX2n-8AD on the right of the PLC. Basically the range of motion appears to be broken up into roughly 16000 points on the transducer. I would like the full travel of that transducer to represent roughly 4000 points. After reading through the programming manual, I thought the SCL instruction would do the trick, however, (from what I gather from the manual), the data I need to scale is scaled against a table that I must create. I cant figure out how to create this table. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your time. plcdp

Divide the reading by 4 Edited by Sergei Troizky

I'm with Sergei, there is no reason for SCL. Divide by 4.

sorry it took so long to reply, been very busy....Turns out I was going about this the wrong way, and I figured it out. What I ended up doing was scaling the resolution of the channel my transducer is hooked up to from -10vdc to +10vdc resolution of .63mv, to -10vdc to +10vdc resolution of 2.50mv. Worked like a charm! Thanks for your help plcdp