Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jchal3

First program from scratch

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I am programming a new production line from scratch. This is the first time I have attempted this. I am using a Q series PLC with a CC-link network. I was just wondering is anyone had any friendly advice or tips before I got started. Thanks

'From scratch' what do you mean by this? You have never programmed a plc you have never programmed a mitsi plc you have never done such a big project you have never used cc link Help us help you :)

By saying from scratch I mean I have troubleshooted an existing production line with a Q plc and CC-link, but never started from 0. First time for that. The PLC is installed, The CC-link it connected, and I'm getting to write the first bit of logic. Any tips would be appreciated.

Not to be a smart a** or anything, but I would consider training classes. MEAU offers all kinds of PLC training in various offices around the US. They also recently added some online training to their website that is pretty nice. Goto www.meau.com, select Training, then Industrial Automation. There is a basic Q Series tutorial there in the Online Training Classes section.

No offense taken, I have taken the level on trianing from mitsubishi. I am just wondering what type of pitfalls I might come across that are old hat for the pros on here. Any tips on organizing infomation, grouping markers, the order in which things should be done, that type of stuff.