Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Automaton

FX3U & modbus to Tesys U

10 posts in this topic

Hello all I have a FX3U (firmware 2.41) and a FX3U-485-MB modbus module I am trying (with little success) to get communictions working with a Telemecanique Tesys U modbus starter (LULC033) I am using GX IEC Developer 7.03 I am using the ADPRW function Network config = 19200 8e1 What happens is this; If I try a read command (H03) I receive a time out error (211) and no data is read from 455 in the starter If I try a write command (H10) I receive a time out erro (211) but am able to turn the starter on and off (reg 704) In both cases I see the SD RD lights flashing and the activity lamp flashing on the starter It is almost as if the FX3U-485MB is missing part of the slave response message Has anybody had any success with FX3U and Tesys U starters? I have used these starters hundreds of times on Schneider plc's no problem Bear in mind I am quite new to Mitsubishi and have probably done something stupid I have attatched a screenshot of the test program Any help would be greatly appreciated

You could also try Beijer's function blocks for Modbus, with respective program examples and help files: http://www.beijer.net/web/web_aut_en.nsf/A...12571EE004ABB9D Put in search string in "the middle of the screen": DSSS-7LXKE5

Hello All Thanks for the assistance to date, Kazah, I tried the settings you recommended but still the problem persists. Kaare t, I will try the the function blocks you recommended and let you know how they work.

I have tried the function blocks from mitsubishi-automation.com and still the same problem persists. For this job time is a problem, I have a Q00j and a QJ71MB91 and it works a treat. I contacted Mitsi support, it turns out the FX3U 485MB is a half duplex module, and may have issues with send receive turn around. Has anybody had succes with this card with other modbus devices? I know my wiring etc is ok because if I change to a Modican master it works fine. Very Strange.

Does rung 2 of your code compile OK? There are a few things in rung 2 that made me think "I didn't know you could do that" ...

Hi Colin It compiles fine and runs ok, Its the whole IEC thing where ladder is becomming more and more like FBD programming language

So where you have D51 and D52 connected just by a line, what does that translate to in the programme? I would assume that it means move the value of D51 into D52, but don't have a way to test it at the moment. Interesting ..... Edited by Colin Carpenter

Hi Colin Thats correct, it is the same as a mov command, moving D51 into D52 It is a lot tidier than using the mov command You can test it in the simulator in IEC Dev

I was project a system with this configuration last year, but at the end of of project i had more 16 slaves that FX3U485MB can have in the network modbus (it's crazy for a Modbus master, for me, std it's 31+master). So i use the HMI (Hakko V606em), like bridge, it was only solution... I'm very interesting to try FX3U and slaves Modbus, like thermoregulator, because i use always the HMI with Mitsu or in this moment VIPA Speed7 with modbus port inside or B&R X20 with Modbus fuction. Bye