Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zatar

AB SLC5/01 programming software?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am looking for software to write programs for an Allen Bradley SLC5/01 plc. It was dumped at work (summer job, I'm still a student) because there was no cable anymore. To that cable I found a sollution here and made that. Only... I haven't got any software to write programs yet. Does anyone know which software I could use? Freeware if possible, since I'm still a student I'm used to function block programming but ladder might do it as well (it's all the same in the end :)) Maaaaany thanks in advance !!!

For an Allen BRadley SLC5/01 the current programming software is RSlogix 500. It is a copyrighted program and you will need acquire it from the Rockwell Website or an RA distributor. I believe there is a "free edition" on the RA website which may support your processor. Many RA distributors also have "educational subsidies" they extend to trade schools and so forth.

Hi Zatar. The SLC5/01 is actually very limited. No online programming, limited instruction set, and you need an expensive cable to go online with it. Not worth it if you ask me, even if you got the PLC for free. A ML1100 may be a better idea. I think there is even a free version of RSLogix 500 for ML1100. edit: As far as I know, there is no free RSLogix version for SLC5/01. Edited by JesperMP

Hm ... I have a cable though, only cost me €2. Design found here at MrPLC forum. I just need the software now. Buying a new plc isn't really an option . If nothing else is possible I could still use the SLC5/01 to hit someone in the head (just a joke for: it's so HUUUUUGE )

And thats the problem, isn't it ? No free RSLogix for SLC5/01.As to the cable, if you absolutely must continue with the SLC5/01, then there is much lower cost alternative here without having to use a soldering iron: http://www.plctrainer.net/PLCProgrammingCables.htm (browse down to the cables for SLC5/01, SLC5/02, SLC5/03) Edited by JesperMP