Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
graemeian

TWO AXIS CIRCULAR MOTION

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for a PLC system for circular interpolation using two axis. A friend is building a large x-y router table. I currently work with Omron but their two axis system is only designed for linear motion I believe. Has anyone tried a system that worked well?

What do you plan on doing with the router table? There are lots of pre-canned controllers designed for general purpose XY tables

which Omron? M11W4350907_Mechatrolink.pdf

This will do the trick. The motion controller has a sinusoidal motion generator. Circles are generated using one of these commands for each axis only one axis is started 90 degrees out of phase from the other. There are commands that allow one to smooth ramp up and down the amplitude and frequency as well as the offset on-the-fly. The tricky part is getting to the circle if the XY is not on the circle. We have an easy way of doing that too. http://www.deltamotion.com/products/motion/rmc70/ It interfaces with NS terminals and Omron PLCs using Ethernet. You can find the example for CS/CJ series here: http://www.deltamotion.com/dloads/download...tegory=Examples The motion controller is really quite powerful so there usually isn't much the PLC needs to do except to down load recipes and watch for safety items. I am the president of Delta Computer Systems, Inc.

Hi Omron's TrajeXia motion controller will handle up to 30 axes over ML2 network. Circular (and helical) interpolation are built in. Works beautifully. Trajexia exists as a stand-alone controller, or as a CJ card. Take your pick! Pp