Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enigma

A Panelview Question

5 posts in this topic

Setup: One slc505, Two panelview 1000 ce displays. Enet Switch. Both panelviews connected to the slc505 through the switch. Each panelview has different screens and have numbers assigned to each screen. No two screens have the same number. Screen switching is controlled by the slc505. Question When I select a button on PV_1 the plc will switch to the required screen on PV_1. On PV_2 I get a message pop-up that the screen does not exist, which is true and visa versa. Is there a way to prevent the error message from appearing?? Thanks in advance

Is the intent to have the two screens "follow" one another, so that navigation done on either screen is performed on both ? Or is the intent to have independent navigation that is still controlled by the SLC controller ?

SWAG: You are using the same register for both panels, so when the plc calls for screen 1, you get the message on the panelview that does not have a screen 1.

I concur with Kens SWAG, you might want to check out my last post in the topic, the concepts apply to your case as well. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry79809

Yes, I see the light. I simply Copied the RSView file and renamed it. I forgot to change the N7 file to another value, So that each PV has it's own and unique N7 file for screen shanges. Thanks Guys