Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Guest_mike

panelview 550

8 posts in this topic

panelview 550 the background light blows frequently (about every 2 months or so) it has been on the equiptment for years without a problem until just recently does any one know what may be causing this thanks mike

Do you have Feeder Bowl on the equipment? Or a vibratory feeder?

We had a panel view one time that was killed because of a feeder bowl once. Then another time we had a voltage spiking issue. We ended up getting a line conditioner just for the panel view. It was a few dollars but it solved the problem. Both cases we fried the backlights in the PV. Dunno if you can check into the power issue any.

FYI, With each one of our panel designs we ALWAYS incorporate ac line filters before all of the electronics including PLC's and MMI's. Just makes for a more robust design. Jim PLC programmer

We have about 50 pv550 on the contract I am on at the moment and when the original backlight goes then the replacements do not seem to last as long as the originals. I am afraid that the only solution is to fit the latest PV550 as this does not have a backlight scource from a lamp. If not practicle then you will have to live with it. There is no difference in using original AB lamps so youcould save some money by using an equivalent.

The most common reason for premature PV550 backlight failure (other than never using the screen saver) that I'm aware of is voltage spikes. The dirtier the main line, the shorter the backlight life. The new PV550 "Series B" hardware has solid-state LED backlighting and is supposed to be good for 50,000 hours. The old stuff, well, it showed up OK and worked, but the high-intensity bulbs and that fragile fiber-optic array to pipe the light to the display was easier to break than I'd like. Edited by Ken Roach

Screen saver can be another solution. You can also solid state led lamps instead of the original AB lamps. You can also use complete separate lamp. You have to add extra two cable for lamp power.