Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETR Automazione srl

FX3U DP Master - No data

17 posts in this topic

I have another problem with a only slave profibus, like in an old topic : the profibus diagnostic it's all ok, i don't have any error on the bus, like in the buffer, but also i don't have any data on the register BFM of the modul DP Mitsu, but only for one slave on 5 connected. My profibus net, have 5 slave, one PLC B&R X20 (tramissionOK), one ET200S (trasmission OK only with digital signal), 2 drives ADV200 Gefran (trasmissionOK) and a gateway Peppelr WCS PG210e used to read an absolute position. This slave, don't give any information about its status on DP, but it isn't in error. Wih the same configuration connected at PLC VIPA Speed7 315 (like master), for all test, it's all ok, i have all information from Pepperl gateway, that have the same fuctionality like Mitsubishi. I tryed to connect only the gateway on the net, to change the number of Id in profibus, to change the speed trasmission, to change some configuration of GSD file, but nothing. Now i suppose, like Lika encoder profibus, the master Mitsubishi or cann't understand the information from gateway or the information it isn't in the BFM correct, because i have no more test to do. Some one have the same problem eith FX3U DP Master ? Bye

can you post configuration? are all nodes capable of selected bus speed?

In this moment i can't send to you the file of Gx DP, but i can send some screenshoot of test with Mitsubishi and Siemens software. In this moment with the slave 5 (pepperl head) at 12 Mb it' all good from other device, the problem it's only on the register of this slave, but at 12 Mb and master Vipa there isn't a problem, the reading it's OK. Today i downloaded and editor gsd to understand if there is something to exchange in the file configuration of WCS or if there some of different beetwen the other gsd, because i need a reason, with 14 ENET modul, this is a big problem. Bye Screenshoot.doc

hi, i still can't see the whole network, it is covered by other windows. you should not need to mess with User Parameters. if you have valid GSD, you should only have to click on Select Modules and assign desired number of I/Os.

The file zip it's the file dp2 of Gx DP. Bye tdoct1329__eng.pdf CS605_carrello_reale.zip

Thats only my personal opinion ... please dont post "MS*.doc" files as long as you don't know you really need it. Nobody can use that proprietary type of document without buying a software >350 EUR! ... at least please don't use that type of document if you are calling for help in an open forum. 1st advice: So.. Profibus specific 1st Question: Why 12 Mbit- even if you have massive probs? - Seriously nobody starts with 12MBit. Everytime 1.5 Mbit comes first. And then ... IF and _only_ IF <everything_is_rocksolidstable> AND <you _really_ need_the_faster_connection> then you should try 12Mbit. (Ok if your buslenght is <20 Meters and all of your components (including wires and connectors) are from SIEMENS AG and you have only a few slaves and your electrician knows how to connect the wires properly, including shielding, THEN you might make a try for 12Mbits before you had a long time stability test ... but again ... if there are ANY problems .. 1.5Mbit is highly recommended until everything is ok) 2nd advice: If you have a Profibus slave that is using an MOTOROLA compatible control and your master is an INTEL compatible control then you should check the byte order in wordlike addressed registers. ie. 0x002F in the slave is 0x2F00 @ your master ... do check your io .

profibus i/o map is normally done in bytes. in one window you have 3in+1out words, and as far as i can see other show 3 byte (you have different version of configurator, mine is 6.00A).

All screenshots show check box for Swap Bytes in Slave Parameter Setting. Byte swapping is needed when mixing intel and motorola based devices because they address thigns differently. one byte is same on both. but if you send something that is 16-bit, then low and high byte are swapped on one but not on another system. to realign them, one has to swap again (that's the check box). but this will only change order of bytes in transmited data (so it may look wrong but it will not affect ability to sent or receive). more on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endianness number of configured input and output bytes must match settings on both master and slave. if they don't you won't get data transferred (master configuration file settings are under Slave Modules, Module Configuration)

I don't understand a thing. Example Modbus/siemens. If i read a register read with modbus driver in siemens i must to swap word and byte to have a right value, without this action i don't have a right value, but i always have something in the register. In this case in the register on modul (BFM example 405, 3 word, so 405, 406, 407) i always have zero, no error, no readinf, nothing. In the same time i don't have an error in the master, therefore or the slave or the master write the information in a wrong place of BFM, or master and slave don't exchange data beacuse the request from one side ir both it's wrong. And the end, the major problem it's how can i solve this case, because i don't have other tools to work on profibusdp or on the telegram DP...

If you don't properly set Swap Bytes and everything else is ok, you will still get the data but the bytes will not be in right order. If you make the device send you different output you will see the data changing. But it seems that you have another problem, possible mismatch in configuration of slave device and master. I don't see anything else that rings a bell but if this is true: You need to match the size of mapped I/O. If they don't match, there will be no communication. Take a look at my screenshot in post 4 for example: It shows 64byte in and 64byte out selection for that particular device (under Slave Modules) 64byte = 64 * 8 bit = 512 bit 512 decimal is 200H Slave parameter settings shows that same device is using X and Y range from 1000-11FFh (which is 200h or 512dec) This example so far is only for PLC side (Profibus master). I had to configure that device (using it's own configuration software, has nothing to do with Mitsubishi) to set it up to use exactly same range (64byte in, 64 byte out). If this is not set or doesn't match settings in master, connection with this device will NOT work. Your screenshot in post 5 show: I/O usage 6/1 (probably means 6byte in, 1 byte out, check the manual). Target device MUST be also set to use THAT range. If it is configured to something else, you need to make changes until they match. Second screenshot in post 5 shows something I cannot recognize but it shows that P+F device has mapped 3 word inputs and 1 word outputs. One word is 16 bit (two byte) so that means 6 byte in and TWO byte out. Compare that with the settings in the first screenshot (6 byte in, ONE byte out). Also I agree with comment about speed, 12Mbps (12MHz) is high (this is well in RF range). I would start with something less sensitive until proving that it works and then try to crank it up. If everything is working (even slowly) settings are probably ok, but you see problems when increasing speed, there are good chances of cables or terminations being the problem. Good luck

With the help of Mitsubishi Germany i can use the Pepperl device. I don't know very well wich is the solution of the problem, because in this moment i modify a test program that put high a bit to enable the trasmission from the master. It's very strange that this information is not possible to find in any manual (mitsu or pepperl) and also italian Mitsubishi service know this procedure ?!? Bye

Hi ETR Automazione srl It's good to hear that it is resolved. I just did small project with FX3U and Profibus. All I did is more or less copy program sample that was in the manual (see screen shots below for pages from manual). Didn't even need to read the manual (which is only 134 pages). You post suggested that everything worked (other nodes?) except node number 5. May I ask what version of manual did you use or did I miss something?

No, no It's not so easy. The manual that you post it's the basic instruction. But the german test it's not so easy beacuse work on BFM of every module with detection of error and much other register. The question it's a bit only for that slave (number 5) that request a particolar bit to enable the trasmission data. This case it isn't know in italy at Mitsubishi service but only in Germany..because the Profibus it's German ... If you have an email i can send to you the test program

hi ETR, Can you tell what bit of what BFM you had to set? panic mode

This is the problem...i don't receive assistance for the test project from german, i use it, cut the functions to other station (1 to 4) and use only the part to station 5. I can send to you the test project, it's very small, i'm very interesting to know wich is the cause of the problem beacuse a feedback of my request to explain the reason, i never receive in this weeks

sure, you can email me, i'm curious too....