Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thinking_hard

Program sequence using HMI

3 posts in this topic

Hi, all. I've written a program using GX developer which uses SFC programming. SFC is very helpful because I can write the sequences of steps and transitions fairly easily compared to ladder diagram. I've written workable sequences for industrial washing machines. I'm wondering if anyone can provide insights as to how I can convert my existing SFC programming to use a HMI to input the sequence of programming rather than just hard-coding the sequence everytime. Thus instead of hard-coding this sequence: 1. Wash; 2. Drain; 3. Rinse; 4. Drain. ;5. Spin. I want operators to be able to change the sequence to whatever they like. So they can input 1. Wash; 2. Drain; 3. Wash; 4. Drain... etc. Can this be done using Melsec?

I guess you would have to use the JUMP function to jump the specific parts in the SFC

Assuming your existing SFC has clearly defined entrance and exit point for each cycle you should be able to add a layer of SFC code and achieve what you want. Your operators will load the desired sequence into a FIFO and the master SFC will increment the fifo pointer and examine at which point to enter your existing sequence. All exits from a cycle will return to the master SFC. Hope this is clear enough or sparks an idea.