Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
plcbent

PLC connecting problems cqm1

8 posts in this topic

hello i have bought a new plc a cqm1 cpu45 i got cx programmer and server v 1.2 with it with license number i have installed it and every thing looks fine but when i connect with the programming cable it comes with a error it says The connected plc type cqm1 cpu 01 does not match the projects plc type cqm1 cpu 45 cannot continue i dont understand anything because there are no plc with that name do i have to edit some propertise anywhere for getting the right type of cpu i have a touch screen nt31c stb141 v2 and when i connect this to the plc it initalize and start up together with the plc no problem there i also have a cqm1 cpu 21 and a cpm2a with these its the same problem are the anything im missing anyone have some thing you have to remember when installing new software the plcs have been running in a prototype installation I have tried 3 different cables

Change the PLC processor type in the project to match the connected PLC or use auto online.

Although your CX-Programmer version is pretty old, it should not matter. I am not sure, but I vaguely remember something with a CQM1 being recognised as a wrong CPU type having to do something with a particular dipswitch setting. I am sorry but just can't remember the details, will have to dig for it. I also could be completely wrong.... Bob, I am affraid Auto-online is not an option with the mentioned CX-Programmer version. Anyway I think it would be helpful if you post your CPU dipswitch settings? Ans what port are you connecting to? Have you tried just selecting every CQM1 model 1 by one?

but it is a cpu45 i have ill write the dip switches tomorrow any one who can write what the diffrent types of dip swiches are fore and how the affect the programmer Dip 1 Dip 2 Dip 3 Dip 4 Dip 5 when i connect im using toolXXX with 7 even 2 on com 3 i cant connect anything the sysmac way what is the diffrent between the to connection types hope some one can help i have read something about that the cqm1 cpu45 should have 4 analog input but where do i connect the analog indputs. I can only find some digital indput at the indput card

plcbent, I suggest you download the manuals provided to you in the previous topic. You can find dipswitch settings in there, default connection setup etc. A datasheet of the analog units of the CPU45-EV1 is also provided in that same topic. I just realized you have never reported back with your progress on connecting the CPU21, following you requested information on the CPU45-EV1 which you got and next you just open a new topic down the same line. Some very helpful users assisted you and took time to get you on the right track. Your posts often lack giving answers to specific questions you were asked. I think it is time you show some effort by working through the manuals and answering some of your own questions.

Im sorry about not getting back to you guys with problems regarding to the cpu 21. I got stuck and bought some new plcs. But now i seem to have a new problem, i have never had the problem with the pc that cant find a cpu01. There for i made a new toppic hope its ok maybee its the version of the software. Can i upgrade this version for FREE anywere. now its got a license number? ill look thru the manuals to se if i can find some things there i was just thinking maybee one of you expert guys knew what the problem was, and then could guide me in the right direction keep up the good work guys ILL BEE BACK Edited by PdL

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopi...amp;#entry55648 can i use this is it the same with the cqm1 cpu45

now its working!!!!!!! i can connect with the plc cqm1 cpu 21 here i turned the dip switch 5 on and set the com settings to 2400 7 even 2 sysmac way and the cpu 45 turned dip switch 5 on cam settings 9600 7 even 2 nice that its working thanks to all here for help keep up the good work guys