Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goody

removing mitsi keyword

3 posts in this topic

Today I had the weirdest thing I came across my first pass-worded plc. (or to be more precise 2 passworded plc's) No chance of ever getting the password - the machines were second hand and the programmer untracable they were very small plc's fx1s' mr14 and only running a star delta motor and a few pressure switches etc. After a chat, the customer who badly needed some changes doing agreed that I could wipe the program(s) and start again However - when trying to clear the plc, it still asked for the keyword - damnnnnn. After a bit of califudging, I just asked to clear the bit memory and it did it without keyword. I then put a few lines of code in and asked again to clear the plc - and this time it allowed me to reset the plc. I did think somewhere you had to send it in to be reset

how exactly did you clear the bit memory?

I havn't got a plc here to clear - so as I recall......... When I asked to clear plc memory, 3 check box's came up all ticked. Bit memory parameter and data (I think) When I said ok - thats when it asked for the keyword. I then unticked data and it still asked - then parameter and it didnt ask and cleared the bit memory I wrote 2 lines of logic just to test and it allowed me to write to the plc. Then it allowed a full plc memory clear