Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sleepy Wombat

2 wire AC prox into Zen help

4 posts in this topic

Problem, Have ZEN10C1ARA-V1, obviusly a AC unit with AC inputs...Need to connect a 2 wire AC prox, namely an E2EX5Y1 directly (no inteposing relays). Looked at specs of both prox and Zen and calc;d according to page 32 of Zen manual that a Leakage Ressistor would be 14k , tried a 12k and a number of values to no avail.. any help appreciated.. is it possible.. has any one else done this ?

Found one of the problems...The Proximity Switch was stuffed.... Tried a new prox with a 27k resistor between the N connection on the ZEN and the Input and it works.... :-p

"Stuffed"...... Is this like "full of"...? or "fried"?

"Fried" would be the polite way of describing the current operating state of that Proximity switch... Aussie slang lesson... :-p The PLC is "stuffed" - Translates to Polite form The PLC is broken :-8 The PLC won;t work no more Typical form The PLC is f$#@%d (f$#@%d ... starts with f and ends with d simlar to fire truck) Like wise To say "I'm stuffed" Generally means that one is tired, worn out, or out of breath (or buggered another term..BTW buggered could be used in lieu of stuffed) To tell someone to "Get Stuffed" (Buggered is not used in this form) Translates politely to "Go away" Or Aggressively "Get f$#@%d" Also to have "ones stuffing knocked out" means that you were beaten up or injured pretty badly. One could also say "I don;t give a stuff" Translates to politely to "I don;t care" or agrressively "I don;t give a f$#@" I hope that clears it up for you but u may not give a stuff ... BTW When you by cooked chickens from a chicken shop they are gennerally filled with stuffing !!!