Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irah

Updating OS TP 177 Micro

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, Our TP 177 micro touch panel broke and we got a new one but during transfer i get the message "the connected device supports version '13 / software supports upto version 1" I know I have to downgrade OS but from where do i get the procedure or the image. All I have is the original project and no prosave backup. I cant find the pdf manual for tp177 micro also. I have wincc micro 2004 sp1. Any suggestions other than upgrading software to full version wincc flexible?? thanx in advance Regards Edited by irah

i am not sure about your software package but i'm (still) using wincc flexible 2005 and also have run into firmware issues (TP177A, TP177B, MP277 etc.). i was asking siemens for clarification on licence backup because available information was contradictory. siemens wasn't sure if downgrade is even possible, not to mention what are the exact steps or how to backup licence (the options to move licence are in the wincc flex menu but licence never shows up so one can't select it). in the end it turned out to be not too bad (asside from bad documentation and support). images of supported OS versions are installed together with wincc flexible (i think you should be able to download it from siemens website). OS upgrade/downgrade in win cc flex is done from meny Project > Transfer > OS update. no licence backup or restoring was needed. Note: to just download new or old firmware you should not need upgrading to WinCC flexible. You could download free tool from siemens website called Prosave.