Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veganic

Function blocks

6 posts in this topic

There a lots of useful function blocks on the Mitsubishi website but... they are all for IEC! Can anyone convert these for use in GX developer? Or create a PDF of the raw code so I can attempt a conversion? (I'll promise to upload any successful conversions.)

Download project GX IEC Developer in PLC and upload project in GX DEVELOPER

I don't have IEC. I've installed the demo but can't open any of the function blocks. Edit : I don't think this is going to work...I'll have to write them from scratch. Edited by Veganic

all code from gx iec can also be used in gx developer just dump it in a plc and upload the code only thing that can be a problem is that all the code becomes instruction list...

Mitsubishi has very nice (and large) instruction set allowing for lot's of freedom in programming. in fact i don't even bother looking them up anymore. i only use small fraction of this set and make whatever i need using only handfull instructions. i only bother looking new instruction up if it's sometihng to be used frequently. what kind of code or function you look for?

I was 'taken' by the large CC link to Inverter FB's. All that functionality in a box would make for tidy programming. But I'll write one and start with a few functions for now and work up.