Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Confused!

nt31c 141v1 problems

13 posts in this topic

Hello all I having a problem with touch switches opening a keypad page. I had them all working then suddenly they stopped. i have 4 touch switches inputting numeral figures on one page. i have the toutch switch set to local 1 and also a a cursor move. any ideas why this would stop working. Kindest Regards Confused

Does the screen number at Local 1 point to a valid and available screen in the Window/Keyboard screen list? p.s. this has nothing to do with CX-Designer, I will move it to the general Omron section.

Hello , The screen at local 1 does point to a valid screen in the windows/keyboard area. It was working fine up till a few days ago. Is there some way of eraseing the memory comlpetely and doinf a fresh download. already tried dowloading diffrent programs but still the same

I have attactched some of the file. maybe somebody can look at it please 3_Rochford_Close.rar

I checked the program and it seems all touch switches are associated to the correct numeral input. I am not sure what is your problem. You can initialize the PT memory in the system menu.(system menu > maintenance mode > memory init.) but I doubt this is going to help. I usually had one switch to open the input keyboard window and used prev/next buttons in the keyboard window to change focus field. I changed your program to use this method, perhaps you can give it a try. I changed the program with NTST 4.8. 3_Rochford_Close_revised.rar

Hello again, Downloaded your program. Looked fine but still cant change values. The pop up window refuses to pop up. Im stumped. could this be a pt fault.

Hmmm.... Unfortunately I don't have a PT here to test. But I still don't think it is hardware related. Can you check you are not (mis)using any of the PT window control area in the ladder code. The base word in your program is H10, so H10-H18 should be unused unless you deliberately want to change this data. Especially have a look at the value of H13 when you push the numeral input. It should contain the popup screen number.

Hello, I loaded a very simple programe into the PT. just 1 screen consisting of 1 touch numeral . in the plc again another simple program. just telling the plc the pt was present. still i have the same problem. tne touch screen will not bring up the pop up window. vert strange. Even took the battery out of the pt for 12 hours and it retained its memory. IM CCONFUSED

We're not giving up that quick. Now you haven't told us if you (mis) used the PT control/notify area in your ladder. If you did and in the past you did accidentally wrote a value in this area that causes the keyboard window to be blocked, it will not help if you load a new program in the PT or the PLC, because you defined H memory to the control/notify area which is data retentive memory. I suggest you change the PT control/notify area to e.g. L area (of course cross check if you are not already using this area in the code somewhere).

Hello Thanks for all you help so far. Ive changed the nofify area to LR . Now the pop up screen just flashes up and then dissapears. any ideas? At least the pop up window is making an attempt to open !

Hmm... you sure the L area you set for the PT control/notify area is not used in your ladder right... Have you tried both methods, your original program and the one I sent you? Can you see the value of base L register+3 when you try to open the popup? It should contain the local keyboard/window number (6).

Hi If the screen flashes up and disappears again means that the L area is not present in the PLC you have connected. As this is the onlt thing that has changed. (on startup you see the text and then it is gone and stays gone. please select d area as this is always present. maybe anything related to system version is your problem as PDL can not reproduce? regards, MPM

Hello and thanks everyone, Sorted out the problem.Changed the notify area to LINK RELAYS. All working excellent now. Thanks again