Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PdL

Copying label formats in CX-Designer

9 posts in this topic

Doing a NS program for a duplicate system. 3 systems, named e.g. 1,2,3 but for the rest 100% alike. So I want to have 1 program and use 3 label switches, so I can switch the label from the user program and pump1 becomes pump2, etc. But.... when I add an object and configure the text for label 1 to be Arial, size 10pt, red, bold and centered, I have to repeat all these format changes when I switch to label 2. Is there any way to copy the format of the first to all labels? Just like when you do a copy in Excel, you can do a special paste and then select "format". If it would be possible to copy everything including the first label value that would be ok too, then I would just have to change the numbers. Even better.... So, any tricks?

Hi, I had almost the same issue today with an NSJ, i want to make english and french labels, but dont want to set again fonts, fonts color, etc.... I will try again tomorrow, if i find something i will post it here. Otherwise i will keep an eye here hoping that someone else have the ''trick'' if there is one...

Hi again, i found what i was looking for, and maybe that will help you...i hope so For a given screen, Edit menu -> Edit Properties That will open this table. In this window you can copy something (color, or font, etc.) and paste to multiple lines at a time, like you would do in Excel.

Still not ideal, but this definitely beats doing all format changes by hand. Thanks for the tip pfort! Other suggestions still welcome of course

Why not apply all labels to your screen? After that select them all. And make the changes for all the selected labels at once. regards, MPM

Thanks for your reply, but my initial idea was to have one label object for each label display and letting the current label number memory switch decide which text the label would display.Or do I miss your point? So label containing the text "pump 1" or "pump a" would be displayed when setting the current label number switch to 1, and when changing the current label number to 2 it would display "pump 2" or "pump b". Of course the label format should be the same, only the displayed text string would change. I didn't want to use string data display as then I am limited in the formatting. But after playing with it a little bit it is too much of a hassle to set all labels to the same format, even with the multiple edit object suggestion from pfort. You can copy/paste portions of the label format but not the entire colums at once. Besides, every time a label is added that does not require different text content, I would still have to copy the format because the label is changed even if you don't need it to. I would expect that with this kind of feature, every format change to a label is automatically applied to all label switches. After all, the purpose of multiple labels is to have multiple textual content rather than multiple formatting I asume? Let me put it this way - I think it would be much more useful if the label switch -only- applies to textual content and not to formatting. That's about what I am after.

Hi, You said: You can copy/paste portions of the label format but not the entire colums at once. You can copy/paste entire columns, and even more than 1 column at a time if you want. I forgot to say: For doing so, left click on the title of the column (That select all the column) then you left click on the first line of that column, and choose: Copy Then you left click on the first cell of the column you want to paste to (as you would do in Excel) and choose: paste

Hi Pdl, What I know is that you can define formats of first MF button totally. Mark the set as default button ( left below) and all new created MF buttons will have the same format as the first one. regards, MPM

Now that might work... I will have to play with it and see if it does store all format field when ticking the use as default box. Thanks guys for your suggestions.