Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nguyenthanhcanh

CF- card backup

6 posts in this topic

Hello, My customer use a IPC, e-datacom brand. The OS and program are run from CF card. Now I want to create a backup one. I have tried with normal copy and Norton Ghost but the machine cannot start with this new card. Does anyone give me an advice? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure Norton Ghost also copies the MBR? I like Acronis Disk Director far better than Norton Ghost. Perhaps you can give it a try...

I have used Acronis True Image to back up CF cards, it works fine. For some reason v9 seems less concerned as to the source media than v10, probably less clever, which in these case is a good idea.

Will probably do the job too....

I have tried with Acronis Disk Director but error occurs: "not enough space..." I also have tried with Acronis True Image 2009 (use function backup My computer) but this program cannot regconize the CF card (Note: I have removed CF card from the machine and worked it on my laptop) Please help me ! Edited by nguyenthanhcanh

Try and get hold of Acronis True Image version 9.0, this dates from about 2005. I use this and have just tried it with a dell laptop, and using a CF to PCMCIA adapter I was able to create a disk image (*.tib) of the CF card on my hard drive with no problem. This program is a bootable CD which boots into it's own enviroment, so it is not bothered about OS. It works with any device which appears as a 'hard disk' and works fine.