Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter Nachtwey

HTML Characters

8 posts in this topic

http://www.alanwood.net/demos/symbol.html

Very good reference Peter Just one note, MrPLC doesn't allow HTML code to be used in post to prevent hacking of users computers. Only the BB Codes, which are pretty much specific hand picked HTML code, are allowed. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?s=&a...amp;CODE=bbcode Do you think it would be helpful to add the <font face="Symbol"></font> to the BB Codes?

It would be nice do add them just as listed. I hate having different methods on different forums. ? or ? I don't see how not supporting these characters protects against hacking. It looks like this site does support the number codes. Edited by Peter Nachtwey

Not exactly. There is already a BB Codes to change the font face to certain types, including the "Impact" that you used, but I don't believe that "Symbol" is on the current list...or do you know some secret way of doing it that I don't?

We can either use the icons above to do this or we can type [font=impact][size=3]There is already a [font] bb-code[/size][/font] What happens when you do that is it converts it to the html equivalent of <font size="3"><font face="Impact">There is already a [font] bb-code.</font></font> This allows MrPLC to allow certain html codes which are innocent while rejecting others which could be harmful. At the same time, if the list of BB Codes is a mile long, it will get very confusing I'm not even sure what all could be done, but I know symbols can be a pain. The chart you posted is definitely a help

if there is formula or table containing special characters etc. the simplest thing is to just make a screenshot. that will surely show same way on any system.

± ÷ ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Lets see if that works... it looks good. Edited by Peter Nachtwey