Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Panel View+ Indirect Tag Possible?

5 posts in this topic

I saw some other threads on this, but I didn't think it applied. I just want to format a tag with an indirect address. Like so: {[PLC]PART_NUMBERS[NDX_PARTNUM].STEP[NDX_STEP].SPD_MM} Where PLC is the target device, PART_NUMBERS is an array, and NDX_PARTNUM is a look up along with a user defined tag .STEP and NDX_STEP which step number. When I try to make a tag that reads in the Panel View + I can't seem to get it to work, I also can't find anything in the help, so I might be trying something that doesn't even exisit. I saw another post on MrPLC where someone was trying to stuff the index pointer into a local tag, using a macro script, but I didn't know if that was the only way. It sure would be alot easier to program if the read tag could be formated to read whatever the index point is updated too. Rather than now, I think I will need to create a whole another single storage array just for the panel view+ to read from then do reads and writes back and forth in the PLC to update the part_number arrays. Anyone ever tried what I am taking about? Any success stories?

yes.....and no. I had to do like you indicated, create a tag that contained the result of the indirect tag address.

Unfortunately indirect tags in the HMI don't work. I used the same solution you mentioned - do the indirect stuff in the PLC and copy it to a static tag/array.

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. That's too bad really.

AB Marketing meeting - ~circa 2000... "I've got an idea for the new touchscreen line." "Tell us! What's your new idea?" "Let's take the worst parts of the old Panelview line..." "and the worst parts of RSView32..." "tack on the inconvinience of the new Factory Talk platform..." "and through in RSLinx Enterprise to really confuse 'em!" "Brilliant! But, what do we call this?" "Rsview Machine Edition!"
1 person likes this