Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajsiyer

Schneider AUT OFS

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys, Not so long back , we were quite content using good Old DDE-servers for looking inside PLCs. Increasingly, they have gone out of fashion and not to know OPC(notwithstanding however useless it may be)has me looking like an idiot! Now that OPC servers have made life a little more complicated, I will like some help with this new shebang!. I have Schneider's Aut-OFS aka OPC factory server which works very well with Citect. Now I want to get the data from PLC into an excel sheet.(Without citect around that is!) But then this is not RS-Linx type help when you try to look up the Help pages of the OPC server documentation. the jargon found there puts me to sleep! And Ah.. I already know all the rituals about setting up the OPC server alias so that the OPC test client displays everything nicely. It is not this help I require. All said and done, I ask if any one here has been there, done this? and if so I''d really appreciate a step by step procedure on how to get the data in excel. In these troubled times, stuff like this can revive the business! Ciao, & Happy Diwali Raj S. Iyer Edited by rajsiyer

Is your main goal taking data from an OPC Server and putting it into a live Excel sheet? If the OPC Server supports DDE (some do), you could connect directly from Excel. If not, you'll need an OPC Client for Excel. MatrikonOPC has one called OPC2XL that acts as an OPC Client / Excel plugin. Adriel Michaud MatrikonOPC

Dear MR.Raj S. Iyer : How are you doing these days, my friend. Sorry to bother you. We are going to connect to Schneifer TSX PLC. Would you provide the OFS demo version for me to test it ? Last time you need an OPC Server to conenct the Mitsubishi FX2 PLC but we do not have this solution. I hope next time I have chance to service for you. thank you. Best Regards Ted Cheng ted@sunware.com.tw Skype: ted_company

You should be able to contact Schneider Electric for a demo version directly.