Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crankshaft

cqm1 addressing

14 posts in this topic

Happy Friday everyone! I have a CQM1-CPU 43 and in this order an IPS02, not used, B7A01, used input and output, TC001, not used, B7A01, used input and output, DA021, not used, OC222, used B7A01, used input and output I would like to remove the unused units and install another B7A01, but I think this would change the addressing, is this correct? If so where can i find more info on this? or perhaps changing it would be a good idea, if there is an easy way of doing it in cxp 6.1.

Simple Answer, yes if you remove the unused units, it will change the addressing. It looks like most of your questions can be answered from the W238 manual. Hope this will help.

Thank you. w238 is where I'm looking, this is what I've found so far The Power Supply Unit does not occupy any words. p. 113 The Analog Output Unit occupies two I/O words p. 113 if the TC001 uses a single word output only then everything is right. but the manual says 'One word each can be allocated for inputs and outputs if only one control loop is used (when DIP switch pin 5 is ON). • Two words each will be allocated for inputs and outputs if two control loops are used (when DIP switch pin 5 is OFF)' I can't check this dip switch at the moment, but if it is assigned a word for input as well I might have a problem. Anyway thats all fine. but i still need to change this so I can add more I/O ( I can't add to the end as panel space is at a premium). But how would one go about fixing this? Is there an easy way to change all of each address at one time? a couple years ago I changed a lot of dm location and do not want to repeat that headache.LOL Sorry Just wanted to add for nubs searching later on look for "Word Allocations"

ok here's some more . the TC001 should be 2.xx and 101.xx but I have 2.00 and 2.01 in the program used as internal coils. could this happen without causing a problem? everything seems to run fine.

Can you connect to the CQM1 and check the value of AR22? This is a status word that will indicate the number of input and output words connected. This should help to verify the TC001 settings. I have not tried to verify your addressing yet.

AR22 is 0705 bcd thanks for your time. and for the nubs again look at ' Cat. No. W364-E1-05 section 3-2'

Ok, now things get technical. We need to verify the EXACT part number of the cpu unit. Specifically is it a -E or a -EV1. This WILL make a difference. You really need to be using the W228 manual, not the W364. The W364 is for the CQM1H (newer hardware). The -E units will support a total of 12 I/O words. You current have 12 allocated 07 output, 05 input, based on the AR22 value. If you have a -EV1, you can have 16 words. So, if you can check that, we will have the full story. Problem is, I can not remember if that is on the front of the cpu or only on the side. Still need to verify the I/O. Will try to take a look at that in the morning, if I get a chance.

Unfortunately, it's on the side which plugs into the power supply.

In looking at the possible addressing of I/O, one thought comes to mind. You could replace the TC001 with a B7A unit. If I have worked this out correctly, the TC001 should be using 1 input and 1 output word. The B7A would do the same. Only other option would be to readdress a large portion of the program. No real way to do that quickly and easily. Hope this will help.

Thank you I will have a look at the number when the crew shuts down at lunch. I think changing TC001 is a smart plan but I'm not sure if 16 i/0 is enough so I should look into that now. I've looked at the addressing and it all makes sense. if I changed the da021 I could gain 32 outputs

I looked at the cpu and it is an -e but if I change da021 would i gain 2 outputs or can it be 6 and 6, although this would move 3.xx, 4.xx, 105.xx and 106.xx ? I do have a CQM1H cpu53 as a back up maybe it's the time to change?

I can't seem to find any where that it states 12 word I/O, only 128 bit for the 11 and 21 or 256 bit for the other cpus. no mention of a CQM1-cpu43-E

See the attached table from W226-E1-7 manual. If you remove the DA021 it will change 105, 106 and 004, depending on how you physically arrange the modules. I think anyway you modify this, it will require some readdressing. Edited by gtsuport