Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wizard

3 x serial on FX1N

9 posts in this topic

I need a PLC with 3 serial ports, configured as follows: - one for HMI (rs422/485) - one for a rs232 GSM modem - one for a rs322 device On Mitsubishi FX1N I have a rs422 port for HMI and I can use the FX1N-232-BD for a rs232 communication. I find out about FX2N-232-IF, but is very expensive. Any other solution?

FX2N-232-IF doesn't work with FX1N so that's one problem solved. One possible solution would be to connect the HMI to the PLC, then the modem or other device to the HMI. What HMI are you thinking of using?

ok, I've figured another solution with FX1N-CNV-BD and 2x FX2NC-232ADP, but also very expensive. I am not decided yet about the HMI. Probably Delta from DOP-A series. It has a extra rs232, but how can I call the modem trough the HMI?

Ask the manufacturers, I know nothing about Delta..sorry. It can be done with a Mitsu E-series and Redlion G3's using transparant or pass-thru mode. What functions is the modem to perform?

I am using the GSM modem to monitorize the application from a PC station.

For ladder program monitoring? Relatively simple. The only limit I found was that the connection speed between the PLC and HMI had to be reduced to give reliable connection. E-series, just put a modem between the PC and HMI, consult the manuals. http://www.beijerelectronics.com/web/beije...1256FFF003DE5ED (As you can see it also does 'no protocol' mode for connection of an RS232 device.) And for Redlion: http://www.redlion.net/G3features/G3%20Fea...%20through.html The Redlions are cheaper, have more ports, and have a programming function but the display is not as beautiful.

A better option is to use the FX3U. FX3U offers the ability to add 2 serial ports to the PLC. This could be the FX3U-232-ADP and the FX3U-232-BD. Then use the built in port for the HMI RS422.

thank you Veganic for your support. it's not ladder monitoring, it's process monitoring. I want to read data registers from PLC trought GSM modem.

What are you monitoring with? Transparent mode should* work with anything that would normally connect to the PLC. Alternatively look at connecting the modem directly and the RS232 device thru the plc. Or look at the costs of the FX3 suggested by Crossbow if you have the latest software.