Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Buckaroo

Panelview 1000

6 posts in this topic

I have a Panelview 1000 that had an encounter with water last night. It appears that the program has been lost or corupt as I reestablished comms by changing to correct node and baud. I have a flashing fault light. I try to download the program over DH via Rslinx. Under download tasks, it performs the first 3. Identify operator terminal, verify application file for download, perparing for file download, after that I go into a holding pattern and after about 1 minute I get "Error No commands received from operator terminal" and it stops at the option "Checking operator terminal for compatibility". Outside of the obvious problem of water, has anyone ran into this type of problem before and what can I do to get this up and running? Any help is greatly appericiated. Thanks Tom

Got program reloaded. I abandoned trying to do it via DH. I hooked up laptop to Panelview using the RS-232 port and loaded that way with no problems. Tom

So is this unit back in service and working ok? Even after the "swim".

Very suprising but yes. It took a direct shot of water plus it dripped into the enclosure and into the back of the Panelview. This happened on 2nd shift so it was left for me in the morning. It seems that all that happened was the program was lost because once I reloaded it everything looks to be running fine. Go figure.

Hope you buy a lottery ticket before your streak ends.

Hi! Panelview is very expensive and not advisable to use in case problem occur on it. Use RSview software it only cost desktop computer and readily available anytime. It save a downtime of machine.