Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DLeino

Schecnk/PLC5

8 posts in this topic

I've been tasked with connecting a coveyor belt scale to the plant PLC5 system. The conveyor belt scale is manufactured by a German company called Schecnk. The scale indicator, named Intecont, has an Ethernet IP board and is supposed to output data in CIP. My plant's PLC5 system is connected on Controlnet. I have installed a ControlLogix backplane with a CNBT module and an ENBT module. I have the Schenck EDS file and I'm planning on adding it to RSLynx when I can shut RSLynx down. On Wednesday I'm planning on adding the new node to the network. After that I'm in uncharted territory. I've called and gotten a case started at Rockwell's tech support number, but they don't know anything about the Schenck. Numerous phone calls to Shenck's American office have led nowhere. Has anyone here had any experience with Schenck, or, more specifically, connecting the Schenck Intecont to a PLC5 via Ethernet IP? My main objective is to get data for three tags: Hourly total, daily total, and average tons per hour. I would also like to reset the totalizer via RSLogix5. Any help would be most appreciated.

I don't have direct experience with this Schenck Intecont weigh belt indicator device. The functionality depends on what Schenck has built into their EtherNet/IP interface option. If they support PLC-5 style address emulation over CIP, then you should be able to get the PLC-5 to directly use MSG commands to read and write from the Intecont. If they support only Generic CIP Objects, or only CIP Data Table Read/Write (that's Logix-style tags) or only CIP I/O connections, then there will need to be a ControlLogix involved somewhere. Can you post the EDS file or a link to it ? Do you have any other documentation from Schenck ?

Here's the EDS file. I've decided I need a Contrologix system to connect to the Schenk, so I've set up a 1756-L61 and gotten a Logix5000 template program from the Mfr.. The problem is that they tell me I gotta somehow enter a code number. I can't figure out how this "code" can be entered anywhere in Logix5000. Now, they tell me their template program is "designed for advanced programmers" and that they won't help much more. I'm entirely new to Logix5000. It's completely different from Logix5. 89_4166_ABIC_DEV.pdf

Delino - The pdf you posted is the CE Conformity Certificate. Check your files again and post the EDS if you would please. Also unless it was copyrighted somehow go ahead and post the Logix *.acd file for our reference. Thanks.

ControlLogix_Intecont_EIP_Fixed1_VLW.ACD Ok, here's the .ACD file. The programmer's manual they sent is full of Modicon and Profibus programming examples, but nothing about Logix5000. They Emailed this to me and said "an advanced programmer" should be able to make it work. I never claimed to be an "advanced" Logix5000 programmer. INTECONT_eds2.zip Edited by DLeino

Your EDS file is actually for Devicenet. The assembly instances MAY be the same for Ethernet. The first thing I would do is check with Schecnk to be sure. See if they have an Ethernet manual you can post Everything looks correct in your Controllogix program, I would say they lead you in the right direction. What error code are you getting on your Schecnk module in the I/O tree?

OK - Here are the "broad" strokes to start with from a quick review of the program. 1. Main Task, Main Program, Routine SAR_EthernetIP setups up the basic handshakes for a single Scale Unit setting in PLC Rack 0 Group 1 and running in Loss in Weight Fixed Mode 1. 2. All commands to the unit can be found in tag Feeder1.Output. For example Feeder1.Output.StartScale or Feeder1.Output.ResetTotalizer_1 should be self explanatory. 3. All Status and Data from the unit can be found in tag Feeder1.Input. For example Feeder1.Input.Scale_On and Feeder1.Input.Totalizer_1 are self explanatory. 4. Right now Main Program is set up to run SAR_EthernetIP as its only always run routine. I'd suggest adding a routine or two to Main Program. My suggestions are as follows: 4A - Add a routine called Process_Data and copy all Sataus Data from Feeder1 into tags you want to manipulate or share with an HMI. 4B - Add a routine called Scale1_Control and create the logic to turn the command outputs to the scale on and off when you want. Hope this gets you started. 5. P.S. They have also included logic to receive scale events and determine the highest priority event. You might want to add an event processing routine as well.

Mr Delino I saw that you have the same problem of me with integration Controllogix and schenk by Ethernet I/P. Did you have success? Could you send a example about you program? Thanks