Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
baba1511

CMP2A Clear memory

9 posts in this topic

How can I clear memory by removing battery & power down. I try for three hours but the program is still there. Please help

You should be able to clear the program by downloading just an END instruction to the unit. The method you describe will probably require at least 24 hours, possibly more. In addition to the battery, there is also a capacitor that protects the memory. Hope this will help. Edited by gtsuport

Thanks gtsuport With syswin I can upload the program but download does not work. Syswin communications error Mailbox error, This is why I am doing the Battery option. I think the problem is with PLC Setup but the unit does not acept any change in the setup

Do you have a handheld programmer available C200H-PRO27 or CQM1-PRO01? Either of these units can be used to completely clear the memory in the CPM2A.

I only have SYSWIN 3.4 but how long will it take to clear memory by removing the battery? Regards

The Setup of the PLC is protected by the Flash Ram (view image). It looks for a handheld, or perhaps with CX-Programmer to restart, if it is that you communicate.

Please where can I buy the hand programer & at what price?] C200H-PRO27 or CQM1-PRO01 Edited by baba1511

http://www.plccenter.com/default.aspx

In ebay http://cgi.ebay.es/Omron-Programming-Conso...4QQcmdZViewItem In an official distributor of Omron. In others, . . .