Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETR Automazione srl

Fx Master Profibus - Lika Encoder DP

4 posts in this topic

After the panel i have another problem in this machine... with an encoder Lika with interface profibus DP. I can't read the value from encoder and the register (2 word, of slave 9 it's BFM 367 and 368) but it's always 0 for both register. With the same configuration GSD on PLC Siemens, the value it's perfect avaible on PED 256 and PED 258. In the same case, Mitsu and Siemens, there isn't an error on the master, and also on the encoder there isn't an error on the led status. I suppose that the master Mistu can send a correct telegram of request information and the Lika don't answer beacuse the question isn't correct. The Lika hardware it's developed with PLC Siemens and if there is only a bit of difference from to telegram (Mitsu and Siemens) ican't use the encoder. In an other case the answer of Lika where is on BFM Mitsubishi, because no other input register it's write (i have 5 slaves from 4 to 8 and theirs BFM it's perfect...350..366) Thank you....Bye

Some more information, like part numbers on the PLC and the module you are talking about, would really help us give better answers. Profibus is Profibus. If the device is truly 100% Profibus compatible, then it should work on a Mitsu master just the same as any other. Perhaps this device is doing something more than the standard Profibus spec?

Not for all case...SSI code it's a standard but you can use MTS sensors with all device, but if you choose a device development with SSI MTS and one with SSI Siemens it's possible that you will have problem (like me with a transducer Gefran). Also Modbus it's a standard, but with Bejers if you send a request with function 4 (ex. 1:40001) you think to use 4, but with a serial analyzer, you can see that the HMI call the device with function 3. And if you use 3 the request it's 4. If a device not agree the code request 4, it's a problem understand why the HMI don't talk correctly with the device if you project all request with 3... (energy analyzer Gavazzi). In the same case, it's possible that Mitsubishi and Siemens (Profibus it's Siemens) use the same standard, but it's also possible that some master use a function, inside, to make the request or send the answer, but i don't know if it's siemens or Mitsu. Today i try with another brand (A&B or Schnaider..) and so i can have more information about. Thank you

There was a limited release FX2N master a couple years ago, and there were many problems with people who bought them because they were designed specifically for one application, and did not work for many applications other than the one designed for. That's why I asked.