Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Veganic

Inverter multidrop

5 posts in this topic

I want to connect to a couple of Mitsi inverters with RS485. What plugs do I use and how do I connect them to the RJ45 sockets? Do I wire to terminals first or is there some what to get 2 wires in a tiny RJ45 plug? Advice and/or RS part numbers gratefully received.

Which inverters? Some have terminal blocks or modules which can be added, some use the RJ45 programming port. Let us know which ones. Also, it's covered in the manuals for those inverters.

Thanks for the reply It's not so much 'where do the wires go' as 'how do you get them there.' The inverters are the new D700s with RJ45 plugs. I was just wondering what other people do to daisy-chain them together as I doubt that it can be done at the plug. If I connected to terminals I was worried about ending up with a star-connection and possible sceening issues.

Standard Radio Shack splitters. I can only comment on the older models, as D700 is not launched in the US yet. But with the E500 we used to use a standard RJ45 splitter. There should be part numbers called out in the manuals for these connectors. I know there are in the FX3U Communication manual where it deals with the inverter communication commands.

I haven't found any yet but haven't checked out the part numbers. But.... I have the following 'snag'. When checking the inverter for faults I get 'B1' meaning PU error. As I am connecting through the PU connector this is understandable. So what parameter do I have wrong (I've tried various settings for P79 and P75)? Edit : It's an E500 BTW. Edited by Veganic