Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muhammad Daniyal

Alarms

4 posts in this topic

Dear All, i have a 2 boilers with respect to Micrologix 1500 and RsView32 HMI screens, both PLC's are connected with Ethernet Hub with different IP's. more over we can see the both boilers in every HMI. but problem is this that we could not see the Alarm banner on both Screens, the only display the alarms on the screen with its PLC not to other one. we want to see Alarm on both screens for both PLC's. although i have configure the both ip in one channel. how could i do for it to display alarms banner on both Screens.? waiting for replay

Not to act stupid, but let me see if I understand this correctly. Boiler #1 Uses PLC #1 for Control at IP A.B.C.100 Uses HMI #1 for information display at IP A.B.C.101 Boiler #2 Uses PLC #2 for Control at IP A.B.C.200 Uses HMI #2 for information display at IP A.B.C.201 At this time can HMI #1 control valves and etc. for PLC #2 or does the RSLinx on HMI #1 simply reach and allow you to see PLC #2?

You need to configure alarms for all the relevant tags for both PLC's in both of the RSView32 stations. Note this will cause an increase in traffic to both PLC's. Alarm tags are scanned continuously in "background". Tags that are only used in graphic displays are only scanned (in "foreground") when they are contained in an active display. Once this is set up, you will need to acknowledge the alarms on both HMI's. The 'global' alarm system that you're probably hoping for is only achievable with RSViewSE.

Depends entirely on the HMI you are using. Most can handle multiple PLC's without issue.