Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YBC

ETN11 Going Online Problems

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I've got an ETN 11 card on a system with CS1G-H Processor. I have the IP address configured and the node swtiches all set. I can Ping the system and it responds back fine and i can even read tags using an OPC Server using the 9600 Port. But when i try to go online to it using CX Programmer i get the following message The Selected Port Does not Exist I've got the Network Type set up as Ethernet Fins /TCP Any ideas why i cant go online? Thanks for the help

2 things I would check. 1.At the rightmost tab in the connection setting's where you set the target IP, there is also a entry something like workstation number. If it is set on auto, uncheck and fill in the last octet of your PC's IP address manually. With multiple network adapters on one system it can take the wrong one. 2.Have you tried using network type set to Ethernet? (without the TCP suffix, it uses UDP 9600).

I tried the two suggestions but it didn't work. Do i need any settings in the ETN 11 IO Configuration. I have Conversion set to Auto (Static) and nothing in the IP Address table or the IP Router Table

Set an IP address on the same network layer as your connecting PC (simplest) Ie your PC could be 192.168.1.10 and the PLC could be 192.168.1.8 with sub net masks of 255.255.255.0 The "conversion" is for FINS;s address communication I believe and is based on (since you selected AUTO) the last digit of the IP adress being equal to the unit(node) number on the ETN card. Can you at least ping it ?

Can you post screenshots of the IO table settings of the ETN and the CX-Programmer connection settings ?

I haven't had any luck going online. Just to give you some more info i'm using the same settings for a machine with an ETN21 card and it's working fine. My own machines IP address is 10.60.6.14 and I'm going through a gateway. I'm not sure if theres any other settings that i need to configure. The Unit number is set to 0 is that ok? or do i need to change that. Thanks for the help STN53Settings.bmp

Firstly do what pdl suggested before. Why is the IP address blanked out in your screen shoth for the ETN settings ?

Your connecting machine is on another subnet as the target CPU so in order to connect you would need to do some IP routing settings. I suggest you download this manual and do some reading particular about IP routing (section 3-11). CS/CJ Series CS1W-ETN01 (10Base-5)/CS1W-ETN11 (10Base-T)/CJ1W-ETN11 (10Base-T) Ethernet Units Operation Manual