Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jay morgan

xfrb question

4 posts in this topic

if i transfer several input bits say, I0.04, 0.05, 0.06, 0.07, 0.08 to the end of an output word does this mean that i have stopped the inputs i transfered from being used . is this a form of masking? and if i need to use those inputs again do i have to xfrb them back again, and if i do what affect will it have have on the other inputs I0.00, I0.01, I0.02, I0.03 many thanks MASKING_EXERCISE_PAGE_51.cxp

The bits from the S[ource] are COPIED to the D[estination] when using this instruction, the S[ource] word is not affected. If you read the manual for the XFRB instruction you will find an example. "XFRB(062) transfers up to 255 consecutive bits from the source words (beginning with bit l of S) to the destination words (beginning with bit m of D). Bits in the destination words that are not overwritten by the source bits are left unchanged." Examples from Manual "When CIO 000000 is ON in the following example, the 20 bits beginning with CIO 020006 are copied to the 20 bits beginning with CIO 030000"

Just a little bit more discussion regarding XFRB... XFRB_JA_063003.pdf