Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob O

SLC 150

8 posts in this topic

I have a SLC 150 program that I have tried to open with the OLD DOS software without any luck. Would anyone be willing to try to open it and convert it to a PDF for me? Thanks, Bob

What format (file extension) is it? Why not post it?

It has a .100 extension which didn't look right to me but then I have never used the software before. 781001E3.zip

The .100 extension is right. Here is a PDF, its not pretty. PCIS was designed to print to LPT1 and doesn't play well with network printers and virtual printers such as PDF printers, but I did manage to fool it, however the page alignment leaves a bit to be desired (its worth what you paid for it ) edit to add: That little 21 rung program would take 17 rungs or less in an L32-XXX Micrologix1000 - I recommend you consider an upgrade. 781001E3.pdf Edited by Alaric

Alaric, Thank you. I recommended an upgrade on this to the machine owner this morning.

How? I resorted to screen captures and a separate application for one of our little programs, but would like to know how to print from within PCS for another, longer program we have. Paul

For DOS APPS that print to LPT1, you need to redirect LPT1 to a network printer. From your start menu, select Run. Type "command" and click OK. This will open a command line interpreter. At the prompt, enter net use lpt1: \\printserver\printer (space required between : and \\) where \\printserver\printer is the path for your network printer. Now anything printed to LPT1 will redirect to the network printer. However, if the DOS APP printer is a different type of printer then your printout may not be quite what you expect. As in my previous post, this information is worth what you paid for it - maybe you'll get lucky and it will be easy, then again, maybe not. Edited by Alaric

Thanks Alaric!